Making our voices heard in the Ky. General Assembly
KFTC members play an important role on issues that matter in the Kentucky General Assembly. We put the grassroots in grassroots lobbying! And we have a long track record of helping to pass important legislation, and stopping awful ideas before they become law.
Our members often make the long trip to Frankfort to meet with legislators, testify before committees, and hold rallies and demonstrations at the Capitol. They share stories and information with legislators to promote ideas that can improve the quality of life in our state. And they hold lawmakers accountable if they ignore the needs of their constituents.
There are many ways you can help make a difference:
- Contact KFTC to let us know if you can lobby with us any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday while the General Assembly is in session.
- Join KFTC for rallies and major lobby days in Frankfort. A schedule of our planned events will be available at the start of each legislative session.
- Call or write your legislators to let them know your views on important issues.
- Set up a meeting with your legislators in your home district during the off-season.
- Call the toll-free legislative message line (1-800-372-7181) to leave a message for any legislator or group of legislators.
Get informed – and help educate others!
- Follow this link to KFTC’s bill tracker, an updated list of bills we’re following during the most recent legislative session.
- Learn more about KFTC’s priority legislative goals, including:
- Passing the Stream Saver Bill
- Passing a Constitutional Amendment Restoring the Right to Vote
- Passing the Kentucky Forward Plan for tax reform
- Passing the Clean Energy Opportunity Act
- Visit the Legislative Research Commission’s website to find the latest version of any bill and lots of other important information.
- Contact KFTC if you’d like to host a workshop in your community about ways to be an effective citizen lobbyist or about any of these priority issues.
How to lobby in Frankfort
Resources you can use
For more information or
to get involved:
Lisa Abbott | Tel: 859-200-5159