Safe Restrooms Campaign
- An interactive list of gender neutral and unisex restrooms in North America
- P.I.S.S.R - people in search of safe restrooms
- A documentary on the persistent discrimination, harassment, and violence that people who transgress gender norms face in gender segregated bathrooms.
- The Transgender Law Center's safe bathroom access campaign
- Campaign for gender neutral bathrooms at DePaul
- Article on how Washington, DC Starbucks adopted gender neutral restrooms
Local Campaign Materials
Going to the restroom isn't something that we really talk about, but that's beginning to change. People around the country are coming together to discuss the problems of public restrooms not being safe and welcoming for people who don't conform to traditional gender presentations (i.e. butch identified people, femme identified people, transgender people, etc.), folks who are differently abled, and people in non-traditional families (i.e. men who need a changing station in the men's restroom in order to take care of their kids).
Members of the Central Kentucky KFTC Chapter are addressing this concern in Lexington by building a campaign that will hopefully push local businesses to make their restrooms more inclusive.
If you have any questions or if you'd like to get involved please contact Ondine Quinn or 859-276-0563 or by email.